Stibbe is a leading independent Benelux law firm with main offices in Amsterdam, Brussels and Luxembourg, and branch offices in London and New York. With around 130 lawyers and 80 business professionals in our Brussels office, we provide our clients with the highest quality service in legal advice, transactions and litigation, covering all branches of business law. Our lawyers often work together in multidisciplinary teams on very diverse and challenging legal questions with colleagues from our various practice groups.
Some of our specific characteristics make working at the Stibbe Brussels Employment law team challenging and rewarding:
- employment and social security law are practised within a wider context in which aspects of other areas of law are also treated. As a consequence we regularly work in close partnerships with our colleagues from the corporate, tax and administrative law teams.
- we work for private sector companies, as well as entities in the public sector.
- there is a strong engagement in corporate transactions, as well as close involvement in litigation. Through amongst others the drafting of trial briefs and court documents, you will receive an in-depth formation in litigation.
- amongst a broad spectrum of expertise, we have a special focus in complex strategic employment and social security issues such as cross-border employment, executive remuneration, supplementary pensions, discrimination and restructuring (collective dismissal, individual dismissal and transfer of undertaking).
- moreover, we have a specific expertise in all areas of sports law, assisting both sports federations and professional athletes in litigation and advice regarding disciplinary sanctions, club licensing, transfer rules, discrimination issues, harassment, anti-doping rules, etc.
In order to support our Brussels Employment law and Sports law team, we are looking for an associate with minimum 1 year of relevant experience as an employment lawyer, who is eager to share his/her knowledge with new colleagues.
- work with many different people on very diversified and high level cases and transactions. You will handle these files and projects from A to Z in French, Dutch and English;
- assist different clients on large national and international projects with fellow associates from our various practice areas;
- have the opportunity to increase insights in complex strategic employment and social security issues and sports law;
- be given abundant possibilities to further develop via tailor-made Stibbe Academy workshops focusing on legal, language, ICT and soft skills.
The ideal candidate
You are passionate about law and are not afraid of taking on challenging, high-level cases. You have achieved a Belgian law degree, an excellent academic record and a business proficiency in Dutch, French and English. You are extremely focused on client relationships and high-quality advice. You have a strong team spirit and excel in personal connections.
We offer a competitive compensation related to your qualifications and experience, we provide ample training opportunities and a pleasant working atmosphere among a dynamic team in an international environment. Our corporate culture combines a high-quality customer service with real emphasis on people and teamwork, with space for networking and fun.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Please do not hesitate to apply via https://www.stibbe.com/careers
For more information, you can always contact Alessandra Oury, HR Collaborator. You can reach her on the number +32 (0)2 533 51 51.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.