Stibbe is one of the leading environment and planning firms in the Benelux. We advise, negotiate and litigate on behalf of our clients, including leading companies, consultants and governmental bodies. We have proven experience in environmental law acting on matters ranging from noise pollution to nature preservation. With regard to planning, we act on all aspects of statutory and regulatory consents for major developments, process authorisations, large-scale infrastructure agreements, preservation of ancient monuments and compensation. Furthermore, we handle many advisory and litigation matters before civil, administrative, constitutional and European courts. Our regulatory activities also cover a wide range of areas such as legislation drafting, applications, or compliance advice on EU-driven legislation. For more information, please go to stibbe.com.
As a Junior Associate in Planning & Environment, you will:
- work with many different people on very diversified and high-level cases and transactions. You will handle these files and projects from A to Z;
- assist different clients on large, national, and international projects with fellow (Junior) Associates and lawyers from our various practice areas;
- be given the opportunity to advise, negotiate, and be involved in legal proceedings;
- sharpen your language skills as you will work in Dutch, French and English;
- be given space and abundant possibilities to further develop yourself and satisfy your ambition and needs for high achievement via tailor-made Stibbe Academy workshops focusing on legal, language, ICT and soft skills.
The ideal candidate
- You have a Belgian law degree and an excellent academic record.
- You are a native Dutch speaker with fluency in English and French (both written and spoken).
- You are particularly interested in environmental law and public law.
- You are focused on client relationship and high-quality advice and have excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit.
We offer a competitive compensation related to your qualifications and experience, ample training opportunities, a pleasant working atmosphere among a dynamic team in an international environment. Our corporate culture combines a high- quality customer service with a real emphasis on people and teamwork.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Please do not hesitate to apply via www.stibbe.com/careers
For more information, you can always contact Alessandra Oury, our HR collaborator. You can reach her on the number +32 (0)2 533 51 51.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.