Stibbe is a full-service, independent law firm with offices in Brussels, Amsterdam, Luxembourg and London. Our Brussels office is one of the leading law firms in the Belgian market, with over 140 lawyers in 11 practice groups. We provide our clients with high-quality legal advice and representation in an international context.
Our practice group Litigation, Arbitration & General Commercial assists leading banks, businesses and global manufacturers concentrating mainly on litigation in the fields of contract & torts, security interests & insolvency, corporate, banking and insurance law.
In order to support the growth of our practice and its team of lawyers, we are looking for a Junior Associate with a passion to deliver top-notch work.
As a Junior Associate in Litigation, you will:
- work on very diversified and high-level cases and advisory matters;
- be given an excellent training and doing the first-line follow-up of specific matters;
- assist different clients on large, national, and international matters with fellow associates and lawyers from our various practice areas;
- be given the opportunity to liaise with clients and opponents and learn to represent clients in legal proceedings and negotiations;
- sharpen your language skills as you will work in Dutch, English and (ideally) French.
The ideal candidate
- You have a Belgian law degree and an excellent academic record.
- You are a native Dutch speaker with fluency in English (both written and spoken). French would definitely be an asset.
- You are particularly skilled or interested in banking, insolvency and insurance law. Having a particular interest or expertise in judicial law is definitely a plus.
- You are a real team player with excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
We offer a competitive compensation related to your qualifications and experience, ample training opportunities, a pleasant working atmosphere among a dynamic team in an international environment.
Our corporate culture combines a high- quality customer service with an emphasis on people and teamwork.
You will be given space and abundant possibilities to further develop yourself and satisfy your ambition and needs for high achievement via tailor-made Stibbe Academy workshops focusing on legal, language, ICT and soft skills.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Please do not hesitate to apply via www.stibbe.com/careers
For more information, you can always contact Hervée Darmont, our HR Business Partner legal. You can reach her on the number +32 (0)2 533 56 40.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.